Saturday, September 24, 2011

Cook's Mass Again

This Sunday (Sept. 18th) I was asked to lead music at the Cook's Mass, which I gladly agreed to. I previously wrote about the Cook's Mass, which is part of Cursillo, so this time I will describe the Cursillo movement a bit more.

Cursillo basically means a short course in practical Christianity. It started in Spain about 1944. It is aimed at layman, and is mostly run by layman. It has since spread worldwide and some version of it is present in most denominations. It is basically a renewal movement, seeking to ground believers deeper in their faith.

It's a wonderful experience to go on one of their weekends, and I would encourage all Christians to go on one. The Cursillo community is a great example of the love a Christian community should show. I had a wonderful time going on a Cursillo weekend, as well as serving on a team. If you have any interest in going to a Cursillo weekend, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment